They say “first impressions are lasting impressions” and this is never more true than when your child goes to the dentist for the first time. It is important that the first visit is fun, and that it creates a positive attitude in the child.
Roberta Rizzi, John Barton and Riccardo Riccotta have between them many years of experience in providing a full range of worry-free paediatric dental care including:-
- Developing in your child or toddler a relaxed, comfortable and confident attitude towards dentistry.
- Setting up the mouth and diet to have zero cavity problems.
- Tooth brushing #101 – the fun way to get the right results.
- Caries Risk Assessment (CRA) and dietary counselling with respect to dental decay and a healthy diet.
- Fissure sealing teeth to make the teeth more resistant to decay.
- Explaining the important landmarks of child dental care development that are vital for a parent to know and understand.
- Getting the fluoride regime right is very important and we do this for you.
- At every visit we assess for orthodontic needs. Our orthodontist Riccardo Ricotta uses palatal expanders and other appliances to guide jaw growth, thus making any later fixed orthodontics simpler.
- We only use tooth coloured filling materials and have relative analgesia (happy gas) available if necessary for our junior patients.
We hope this page is written in simple and jargon-free language, which is just how we feel children’s dental care should be as well.