They say “first impressions are lasting impressions” and this is never more true than when your child goes to the dentist for the first time. It is important that the first visit is fun, and that it creates a positive attitude in the child.
Doctor Barton has many years of experience in providing a full range of worry-free paediatric dental care including:
- Developing in your child or toddler a relaxed, comfortable and confident attitude towards dentistry.
- Setting up the mouth and diet to have zero cavity problems.
- Tooth brushing #101 – the fun way to get the right results.
- Dietary counselling with respect to dental decay and healthy diet.
- Fissure sealing teeth to make the teeth more resistant to decay.
- Explaining the important landmarks of child dental care which are vital for a parent to know and understand.
- Getting the fluoride regime right is very important and we do this for you.
- Constantly assessing for orthodontic needs and using simple interceptive appliances to guide jaw growth, thus making any later fixed orthodontics simpler.
We hope this page is written in simple and jargon-free language, which is just how we feel children’s dental care should be as well.